In this section, we’ll look at the three main roles of concern in a production-grade Brigade deployment. They are essentially divided up according to the scope of interaction within Brigade:
- Management of the deployment of the Brigade server and any auxiliary systems
- Management of users/accounts within Brigade
- Management and development of Brigade projects.
Naturally, there may be overlap between these roles, and for development setups, one or two users might cover all of them. However, they also serve nicely as categories of context for documentation, so without further ado, let’s dive in.
- Operators - Users who install and manage the deployment of Brigade and gateways
- Administrators - Users who manage authentication and authorization concerns in Brigade
- Project Developers - Users who create projects and write Brigade scripts for handling events